Taking care of Pink Diamonds
Caring For Your Diamonds
Diamonds need care to keep them looking at their brilliant best. Some helpful hints you should keep in mind:
- Avoid wearing Diamond jewellery when doing rough work. Despite the durability of the Diamond, it can be chipped by a hard blow along its grain.
- Take care when doing housework or the dishes, avoid letting Diamond jewellery come into contact with chlorine bleach, as it won’t harm the Diamond but can pit or discolour the mounting.
- Keep away from skin oils, soap, cosmetics or cooking oil.
- When placing Diamond jewellery in a jewellery case, make sure to wrap them individually as they can easily scratch each other, as well as other gem jewellery.
- Take your Diamond jewellery to your Jeweller once a year (especially rings) to check for loose settings and signs of wear.
Diamonds should be cleaned at least once a year. There are several ways to clean Diamond jewellery.
- Use a small bowl of warm water with any mild liquid detergent. Immerse the jewellery in the suds and brush gently with a tooth brush. Rinse under warm running water and pat dry with a soft, lint-free cloth.
- Use one of the liquid jewellery care products. Follow the instructions in the kit.
- Use an ultrasonic jewellery cleaning machine available from your Jeweller.
Visit us in store today to view our range of stunning Pearls, Opals and Pink Diamonds in exquisitely crafted jewellery. Find us here.